Vision Mission and Goals
The Department shall strive to help and create a society that nurtures children into healthy model citizens in a safe and protective environment, It shall endeavour to provide a safe and dignified life with equal opportunities for contribution to national development for women and ensure the well-being of senior citizens and other differently-abled persons requiring care, protection and social security.
- To ensure an efficient and effective service delivery mechanism for the welfare and empowerment of women, children, senior citizens, physically challenged persons and other vulnerable and marginalized sections of society.
- To optimize the well-being of targeted groups by multi-pronged strategies for improving the quality of life and providing the opportunities for their growth and development. The Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS) has significantly contributed to the realization of Government/State responsibility for creating a system that will efficiently and effectively protect children.
- Providing Social Security through financial assistance to the elderly, widows, dependent children and physically challenged by implementing an efficient pension delivery system under National and State Schemes.
- Implementation of various schemes like free/half concession fare travel for Physically Challenged.
- Improvement in the health and nutritional status of children, pregnant and lactating mothers, reduction in the incidence of children mortality rate and school dropout.
- To secure the rights of Senior Citizens by Implementation of the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007.
- Providing of Grant-in-aid to NGOs working in the field of Women, Children, Disabled Persons, female foeticide and drug de-addiction.
- Effective co-ordination of the policy and implementation among various departments and programmes aimed to promote women and child development.
- To work for the empowerment of women in the State.
- To provide girls letter access to education and to check the dropout rate at secondary and senior secondary level
- To institutionalize essential services and strengthen structures under POSHAN ABHIYAN.
- To enhance capacities at all levels.
- To create database and knowledge base for child protection services.
- To strengthen child protection at family and community level.
- To ensure appropriate inter-sectoral response at all levels.
- To raise public awareness about the reality of child rights, situation and protection in India.
- To create database and knowledge base for Persons with Disabilities.
Last Updated: 12 June 2019, 6:22 am